FT.com Junior Developer – Job Description
The FT is currently working on the next generation of its FT.com website, called Next FT – a node.js based suite of microservices orchestrated to form the user-interface to our journalism.
- Writing and integrating with server-side APIs.
- Liaising with product owners, UX and designers to help shape the user experience.
Skills & Requirements
- Familiarity with software design patterns, such as factory, observer, module, pubsub, closure, async, promises, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux command line tools and version control concepts.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Some server-side development experience (Eg, node.js, python, java…)
- Experience with version control and front-end build tools (Sass, babel, grunt etc.).
- An understanding of design and UX principles.
About Financial Times
We think the Financial Times is a great place to work – we have a technical stack that is cutting edge, our product development methodologies are very current, our engineers are free to choose the tools they need and are able to influence the development process. Importantly, we ensure staff also have the ability to achieve a good work life balance.
Send a brief email with a link to an online CV or PDF attachment to Laura Carvajal.