Join us as a test engineer to help build great websites and web applications for a wide variety of platforms and audiences. You’ll be working with skilled developers, UX engineers and end-users to test desktop and mobile web applications, help design automated tests and run manual test plans, ensuring that the highest quality standards are met and maintained.
As a junior tester, you would be expected to test applications using manual techniques, validate fixes, find edge cases and provide documented steps to reproduce issues for the development team. Junior testers may ignore any skills or responsibilities marked with an asterisk (*) in the list below.
As a senior tester, you would be reviewing and validating requirements as testable, designing test strategies, writing automated tests, liaising with other stakeholders and organising and managing testing workload.
This page describes the test engineer role specifically. For general recruitment information and a guide to what working at FT Labs is like, or for details of our other jobs, please see our main jobs page.
Responsibilities may include:
- Writing, maintaining and running test plans
- Testing browser support for style consistency
- Liasing with end users to gather and aggregate bug reports
- Recording interaction tests using Selenium*
- Keeping automated tests up to date*
- An aptitude for finding edge cases and vulnerabilities
- A determination to see perfection in all products and services
- Highly experienced user of the web
- Working knowledge of Linux command line tools and version control concepts *
- Working knowledge of Webdriver *
- Excellent quality of written and spoken English
- Expertise with Redmine
- Expertise in use of browser developer tools for inspecting elements and tracing style definitions
- Expertise with PHPUnit, Thucydides, Charles, Redmine, and Jenkins CI *
We offer starting salaries of £18,000 – £24,000 + bonus scheme for junior test engineer roles, and £25,000 – £35,000 + bonus scheme for senior test engineer roles.
Send a brief email with a link to an online CV or PDF attachment to [INSERT HIRING MANAGER EMAIL]